Health Care Reform Resources 2009-2010
The materials in this section feature news, source, and resource materials provided during 2009-2010 in the run-up to the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Articles, Op-Eds and News Stories
- John Mackey, The Whole Foods Alternative to Obamacare, Wall St. Journal, August 11, 2009
- Galen Institute. Watch proceedings from a March 2009 conference, in which international speakers provided perspectives about the health systems in other countries.
- Alain Enthoven, “Please Don’t Call It Health Care Reform.” Great summary of what has driven current health care legislation and why it won’t work.
The following links provide access to resources from the Magisterium, the USCCB, and individual bishops
- Pope John XXIII, Mater et Magistra, on balance and subsidiarity in social relationships
- Pope John XXIII, Pacem et Terris, on rights and responsibilities
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- John Paul II, Centesimus Annus, on the welfare state
- USCCB—health care resources
- Archbishop Charles Chaput (Denver)
- Bishop Walker Nickless (Sioux City) (scroll down to section on health care reform)
- Bishop Robert Vasa (CMA Episcopal Advisor; Baker, Oregon)
- Joint Statement, Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas and Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph
- Bishop Samuel Aquila (Fargo)
Audio and Video Files
- John Brehany, Interview on the Mike Janocik show on WLCR AM, Louiseville, Kentucky, August 13, 2009