Natalie King (Rodden), M.D., M.A.
Click this link to view the Curriculum Vitae for Natalie King (Rodden), M.D., which includes a list of previous presentations.
Natalie King (Rodden), M.D., M.A., is a palliative medicine physician at St. Anthony North Health Campus in Westminster, Colorado. She is a member of the Catholic Medical Association and the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Dr. King received her B.A. from the University of Notre Dame and her MD from Tulane University. She completed internal medicine residency at the University of Utah and palliative medicine fellowship at the Mayo Clinic Arizona. During medical school, she founded the Catholic Medical Association Student section, a national organization with the goal of preparing students to uphold the principles of the Catholic faith in the science and practice of medicine. She was active in advancing efforts of support for Catholic healthcare workers in the Archdiocese of New Orleans and the Diocese of Salt Lake City. Her fellowship research on “improving spiritual competency at the Mayo Clinic” focused on encouraging a culture of awareness and comfort of health providers addressing spiritual issues, notably at the end of life. Dr. King obtained a Master’s in Bioethics in 2020 from The Ohio State University. She currently leads an inpatient palliative care consultation service, serves as co-chair of her hospital’s ethics committee, and travels around the country speaking about palliative care and end of life ethical issues.
List of Topics:
1. Palliative Medicine and Hospice 101: End of Life Care as a Catholic.
2. Tales from a Joyful Palliative Doctor
3. Living Your Professional Vocation: Sustaining Joy in Medicine
4. Empathy in Medicine
5. Fortitude in Medicine
6. Sanctification of Work (and Study!)
7. Living the Feminine Genius in Medicine
8. Courageous Conversation: How to Communicate Difficult Matters with Patients and Families
9. Suffering in Medicine
10. Symptom Management in Palliative Care
11. What does the Church Say About the End of Life? Documents and Teachings.
12. Spirituality and Medicine.
13. Building a Catholic Culture in Healthcare and Engaging the Public Sphere
For further details about scheduling Dr. King to speak at your event, please send a detailed email to [email protected] with “Speakers Bureau Request” in the subject line.