A Cause for Hope: Catholic Health Care and Religious Freedom in the Face of Crisis
Philadelphia, PA- July 14, 2020- Together with Christ Medicus Foundation, The Catholic Medical Association will host “A Cause for Hope: Catholic Health Care and Religious Freedom in the Face of Crisis,” a free online conference.
“The conference will address several crises facing our nation, from the COVID-19 pandemic, to the growing tensions regarding race and inequality,” said Dr. Steven White, Chair of CMA’s Health Policy Committee.
The conference will take place on July 18 and people interested in registering can do so for free here.
Conference attendees will hear from experts from Catholic Medical Association, Christ Medicus Foundation and more on several topics including:
- Growing in hope, maintaining spiritual peace, and mental health during challenging times
- Coronavirus therapies, vaccines, and their ethical issues
- Stories from the frontlines of care
- Religious liberty and conscience protection in light of recent Supreme Court decisions
- Reopening our churches and administering the sacraments
- A Catholic response to racial disparities in health care
- Casting a vision for the future of Catholic health care
“This year, our nation has grappled with the COVID-19 pandemic, felt a cultural tipping point over racial inequality, and witnessed concerning Supreme Court rulings that threaten life, health care, religious freedom, and conscious rights. Confronting these crises demands we embrace the cross with Faith and Hope in God’s Mercy, and act decisively,” said Christ Medicus Foundation in a statement promoting the conference.
“We are thrilled to come together as Catholics and as experts in medicine and other fields to shed light on the critical issues facing our nation and provide a foundation for unity, knowledge and peace moving forward,” added Dr. White.
Save the date for this free, online event, held Saturday, July 18th from 10am-2:30pm EDT.