The Catholic Medical Association’s The Linacre Quarterly and Doctor, Doctor Receive 12 Catholic Media Association Awards
The Linacre Quarterly takes entire ‘Best Essay- Scholarly Magazines’ Category
Philadelphia, PA- June 11, 2021- The Catholic Medical Association is proud to announce The Linacre Quarterly and Doctor, Doctor podcast/radio show have taken home Catholic Media Association Awards for yet another year.
Among the awards, we are proud to share that the entire category of “Best Essay- Scholarly Magazines,” was given to The Linacre Quarterly.
“We had absolutely stellar contributions from our writers. Our authors are among the very best. This is a reflection on their skills, competence, engagement, and hard work. It’s an honor to work with them. The Linacre Quarterly would not exist without them,” said Barbara Golder, M.D., J.D.
Dr. Golder is the Editor-in-Chief of The Linacre Quarterly and received an Honorable Mention for Editor of the Year for her outstanding work.
“We are proud to call Dr. Golder our Editor-in-Chief and ever-grateful for her commitment to sound science, journalism, and the Catholic Faith,” said Dr. Michael Parker, President of CMA.
This year, Doctor, Doctor received a Gabriel Award, which recognizes and honors the best in film, broadcasting, and cross-platform media. Doctor, Doctorwas awarded an Honorable Mention for Best Narrative Series Radio for its work on the Coronavirus Pandemic.
“It was our privilege to shine the light of faith on medical research to bring our listeners the most practical understanding of the pandemic as it developed. Especially at a time when so many Americans did not know what to believe,” said Dr. Thomas McGovern, host of Doctor Doctor.
“Doctor, Doctor has remained dedicated to covering every angle of the COVID-19 pandemic since it began and is so deserving of this recognition. Drs. McGovern, Stroud, and Mullally, should be proud of the work they’ve done to keep people informed when it mattered most,” said Dr. Parker.
The CMA wishes to congratulate all of the 2021 Catholic Media Association Award winners for their contributions which keep visible the amazing work of The Church and the Catholic Faith.
2021 CMA Catholic Media Association Award Winners:
Editor of the Year
- The Linacre Quarterly, Barbara Golder, M.D., J.D. (Honorable Mention)
Best Guest Column/Commentary
- The Linacre Quarterly, “Internet Pornography: Some Medical and Spiritual Perspectives” (Third Place)
- The Linacre Quarterly, “Awareness, Relationship, and Serving the Human Person” (Honorable Mention)
Best Essay – Scholarly Magazines
- The Linacre Quarterly, “Led by the Spirit” (First Place)
- The Linacre Quarterly, “The Spiritual Works of Mercy as a Tool to Prevent Burnout in Medical Trainees” (Second Place)
- The Linacre Quarterly, “The Pediatrician as Prophet” (Third Place)
- The Linacre Quarterly, “What Kind of Dignity?” (Honorable Mention)
Best Feature Article – Scholarly Magazines
- The Linacre Quarterly, “Patient Data Sharing and AI: Ethical Problems, Catholic Solutions” (Second Place)
Best Feature Article – Pandemic
- The Linacre Quarterly, “COVID-19 Policy-Making in a Country Divided: Catholic Social Teaching as a Path to Unity” (Honorable Mention)
- The Linacre Quarterly, “A Review of Bill Lyons’ Writings on Alzheimer’s”(Third Place)
Best Writing – Analysis
- The Linacre Quarterly, “Pregnancy Centers: A Clear Purpose of Medicine with Coherent Ethics” (Honorable Mention)
Best Narrative Series Radio
- Doctor, Doctor– The Coronavirus Pandemic
Categorised in: Education