Thomas W. McGovern, M.D.
Click this link to view the Curriculum Vitae for Thomas McGovern, M.D., which includes a list of previous presentations.
Thomas W. McGovern, MD is a private practice dermatologist specializing
in Mohs Surgery and Facial Reconstruction in Fort Wayne, Indiana. A native of Escanaba, MI, he graduated from Michigan Technological University and proceeded to Mayo Medical School. After graduation, he entered the US Army where he served eight years while completing his internship at Eisenhower Army Medical Center (Fort Gordon, GA) and Residency at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center (Aurora, CO). After his Honorable Discharge, he completed a Fellowship in Mohs Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology at Yale University School of Medicine. He has published over 80 peer-reviewed articles and over 10 medical book chapters.
He has served as founding Guild President of the Dr. Jerome Lejeune Guild of Northeast Indiana and has recently taken on the role of Regional Director for Region IV (IN, KY, MI, OH). He has served on the national Membership Committee and currently serves on the FIRE Committee, Mid-Year Meeting Committee, Outstanding Guild Award Committee, and the National CMA Board as an Advisor to the President. He is currently working as Liaison between Catholic Distance University and the Catholic Medical Association as they develop a formation program for CMA members. He is currently writing a course for the CDU on the history, theology, and medical aspects of Christ’s Passion. He has earned a Catechetical Diploma from Catholic Home Study Institute (previous name of CDU). He lives with his wife of 24 years, Sally, and his seven children in Fort Wayne. He became a grandfather in March.
List of topics:
1. Suffering a. What every Catholic – and non-Catholic – should know b. What I wish I’d learned in Medical School c. Suffering Patients, Suffering Doctors, How can we be Healed?
2. Temperaments – Multiple angles such as a. Marriage: One Flesh, Two Temperaments, Now What? b. Spiritual Direction tips by Temperament c. From Success to Significance: Help from your Temperament, Spiritual Gifts, and Flow
3. Another Doctor at Calvary – Unique insights into the Passion of Christ based on 30+ years research a. Myths of the Crucifixion b. Answers to 7 Key Questions about the Crucifixion c. Overturning ‘settled science’ about the Passion of Christ
4. History of the Catholic Medical Association
5. Believing is Seeing (Theology for Everyday Life)
For further details about scheduling Dr. McGovern to speak at your event, please send a detailed email to [email protected] with “Speakers Bureau Request” in the subject line.